WestM is a Center for Justice Peace and Community rooted in Progressive Christian traditions but truly a home for everyone who wants to join us in Justice, Peace, and Community.
What does the Lord require of you but to do justice, love kindness, and walk humbly with your God. – Micah 6:8
Honoring the radically inclusive ministry of Jesus, we seek to cultivate a progressive Christian community that welcomes students, faculty, staff and community members in celebrating the diversity of race, ethnicity, nationality, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, ability, financial circumstance, and faith tradition.
Founded in 1919, United Campus Ministry at Westminster House “WestM” is a multi-denominational campus ministry organization next the campus of Oregon State University in Corvallis, OR.
We are affiliated with the Presbyterian Church-USA, the United Methodist Church, the United Church of Christ and the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) but we are a ministry that welcomes EVERYONE.
Our hospitality at WestM embodys a progressive and inclusive Christian faith with a community that…
- Includes all students in celebrating the diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, ability, ethnicity, financial circumstance and faith background.
- Offers authentic acceptance, mutual respect and supportive friendships.
- Creates a safe place in which to ask the hard questions, digging in to explore faith and doubts, and struggle with issues of meaning, purpose and truth.
- Practicing being in relationship and dialogue with people of a variety faith, spiritual, and philosophic traditions for our mutual benefit and understanding.
- Serving creation and community faithfully through learning about and acting upon peace and justice issues that impact individuals, communities and the world which we share.